- Is it OK to think highly of yourself?
- What is a pretentious person?
- What is someone who thinks they are better than others?
- What does soberly mean in the Bible?
- What is the synonym of soberly?
- What does it mean when you think highly of yourself?
- What is a negative word for to think highly of oneself?
- What does it mean to think soberly?
- What is the meaning of egoistic?
- What does it mean to be of a sober mind?
Is it OK to think highly of yourself?
But you can be humble and think highly of yourself.
And it turns out, thinking highly of yourself isn’t just OK to do—it has tangible, real-life benefits.
“When our self-esteem is higher, we not only feel better about ourselves, we are more resilient as well,” psychologist and author Guy Winch, Ph..
What is a pretentious person?
The definition of pretentious is someone or something that claims to be very important or grand. An example of pretentious is someone saying they deserve a table in a crowded restaurant because of who they are. adjective.
What is someone who thinks they are better than others?
adjective. someone who is arrogant thinks they are better or more important than other people and behaves in a way that is rude and too confident.
What does soberly mean in the Bible?
While most moderns would automatically define the word sober as “not drunk,” the Bible uses it to mean something of a spiritual nature. … “Sober” is translated from the Greek word that means to be sober, calm and collected, to have good sense, good judgement, wisdom, and level-headed in times of stress.
What is the synonym of soberly?
In this page you can discover 28 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for soberly, like: quietly, seriously, moderately, temperately, gravely, solemnly, unpretentiously, sedately, in a subdued manner, regularly and staidly.
What does it mean when you think highly of yourself?
When you think of yourself as creative, passionate, interesting, valuable, unique and genuine, those positive expectations will be expressed in your life. … Thinking highly of yourself doesn’t mean you have to be arrogant or elitist.
What is a negative word for to think highly of oneself?
The adjective narcissistic describes those who are excessively self-absorbed, especially about their looks.
What does it mean to think soberly?
When you do things soberly, you do them in a calm and thoughtful way. When you’re watching the news on TV, you expect reporters to speak soberly, rather than being silly.
What is the meaning of egoistic?
being centered in or preoccupied with oneself and the gratification of one’s own desires; self-centered (opposed to altruistic).
What does it mean to be of a sober mind?
7. 2. The definition of sober-minded is someone who is serious and sensible. A person who is studious and logical is an example of someone who would be described as sober-minded.