Today I wanted to do something a bit different. I have been craving food from my homeland of Jamaica and have been making A LOT of it. I decided to share with you guys my favourite, fast and amazingly delicious recipe for the ultimate Jamaican sweet and sticky chicken wings.
“You can say anything to a man with a full stomach.” Jamaican Proverb
The Ultimate Jamaican Sweet And Sticky Chicken Wings
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you!)
Before we begin, I wanted to talk to you guys a little bit about my dad. My father is a strong, capable chef who has worked in a number of amazing restaurants across Jamaica and the wider Caribbean.
He makes me so proud and consistently encourages me to be better than I was the day before. He taught me to cook as a little girl and always encouraged me to try new things. Most of the recipes that I can now cook on my own, I owe to him always pushing me to get creative and mix it up.
Food is a big part of the Jamaican culture. I am truly excited to be able to share this delicious Jamaican sweet and sticky chicken wings recipe with you. If you love a good quick and yummy meal, this is the meal for you.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (You can adjust for sweetness level)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I used low sodium for this)
- 2 packs chicken wings (Each pack should have about 5 or so)
- 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning (You can find this on Amazon)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme (Oregano can be used as a substitute)
- Take your chicken and add it to a bowl. Add your jerk seasoning, salt, pepper and thyme to the chicken and properly coat everything. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sugar, honey and soy sauce. Mix until completely combined.
- Line your baking pan with foil and add the chicken. Pour your mixture from step two into the baking pan.
- Put your chicken into your preheated oven. Cover the chicken for the first 20 minutes. For the last 20 minutes remove the cover so that the chicken wings can get crispy and golden brown
- Remove chicken from oven and let it cool. You can also sprinkle some parsley over top. Serve alone or with rice and vegetables. ENJOY
You can purchase Jamaican Jerk Seasoning from Amazon here. Trust me, it makes such a difference with this dish and so many other dishes. It is well worth the purchase. I have used it in soups, with beef and other meats and it is AMAZING!
If you do not have Jamaican jerk seasoning or cannot find it, feel free to use whatever peppers you would like as substitute.
I hope you enjoyed my recipe for the ultimate Jamaican sweet and sticky chicken wings! Please be sure to check out this post on How To Make A Yummy Broccoli Bow Tie Pasta or these tips for How To Build Your Confidence The Right Way.
Also, let me know. What are your favourite recipes to make when you’re homesick? Do you have any favourite chicken wing recipes? I love reading your comments and hearing your thoughts so please comment down below. Please also like and share this post and sign up so you never miss a thing!
Until next time. Peace, love and prayers.